- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and dried oregano and cook for about 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they develop a golden brown color.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, pour the marinara sauce and heat it for a few minutes until warmed through. You can add a little water or chicken broth to thin the sauce if needed.
- In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce to coat the bottom.
- Place the seared chicken breasts in the baking dish on top of the sauce.
- Spoon the remaining marinara sauce over the chicken breasts, covering them completely.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese over the chicken breasts and sauce.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves just before serving.
Serve the Baked Chicken Marinara with your favorite side dishes, such as pasta, garlic bread, or a fresh green salad. Enjoy your delicious and flavorful meal!